Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Oasis  
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 6:31:05 PM(UTC)
Oasis

Groups: Registered

coloured wrote:

Dear Softnyx management

I have some simple ideas witch your team might consider them like they did with new weapons

New maps for each time of the year .For example summer map with some water spots where ppls can fight in it with some sand litlle castles for the golems
Autumn some trees making a small wood with golems in a big old tree , and so on.

some new cells also with summer map like crab ,scorpion flying cells like seagull ( Eh? )
More things to choose betwen, more diversity ,more players ,more cash also (d\'oh!)

I agree with that one rule for sure colour, im sure everyone want an new awesome map, since there the last 2 year they didnt come with an new map i guess, they have to look a little bit to toher RPG games, so they can plan something what they can add some new things in their own game. +1 :)
UserPostedImage
_>]v[asTer<_  
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 7:05:25 PM(UTC)
_>]v[asTer<_

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Zell wrote:
_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]
Zell wrote:
_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]
Den Roze wrote:
Maybe we could have more realistic animations, enhanced graphics. Environment effect to player. Maybe make some pillars falls when hit. Or splash when going in water. Maybe foot trails.

foot trails mhm... so you would enjoy them all the time by looking at? Rakion dont need whese useles particles, unless they would change all entire graf

Actually, given my expertise on game design and developement, I can tell you that trail footprints aren't made with a particle system.
They are texture rendered objects scripted to appear on the x,y,z location of your character.
It's not very hard to accomplish, but I'd have to agree, it wouldn't add anything to the current gameplay.
Besides, given how fast some players can move (not mentioning names ^^) I doubt the script necessary to make this happen would be able to keep up.

Actually i dont care about your "expertises"

You see what I get when I try to be nice for a change?
I even tossed in a bit of educational knowledge. This is why I don't allow fun for others.

Keep siting close pc and act smart, I know hard for you find place where you can feel like a man. I am sure if you have a work, then your colleagues bullying you all the time until you get at home, to start act like a normal mature man. You holding all negative thoughts and spreading all over internet, becouse you know - no one can punish you. Seriously all you can discuss is about IT. I wonder do you still live with mom?
Plius i dont have anything against you, it is you who started insult me, maybe you feel better then you do like this... only you could ansver. Also i see a no point to keep insult eatch other, UNLESS you want for yourself.

Edited by user Sunday, June 3, 2012 7:17:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Zell  
#23 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 8:39:49 PM(UTC)
Zell

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]
Zell wrote:
_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]
Zell wrote:
_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]
Den Roze wrote:
Maybe we could have more realistic animations, enhanced graphics. Environment effect to player. Maybe make some pillars falls when hit. Or splash when going in water. Maybe foot trails.

foot trails mhm... so you would enjoy them all the time by looking at? Rakion dont need whese useles particles, unless they would change all entire graf

Actually, given my expertise on game design and developement, I can tell you that trail footprints aren't made with a particle system.
They are texture rendered objects scripted to appear on the x,y,z location of your character.
It's not very hard to accomplish, but I'd have to agree, it wouldn't add anything to the current gameplay.
Besides, given how fast some players can move (not mentioning names ^^) I doubt the script necessary to make this happen would be able to keep up.

I even tossed in a bit of educational knowledge. This is why I don't allow fun for others.

Keep siting close pc and act smart, I know hard for you find place where you can feel like a man. I am sure if you have a work, then your colleagues bullying you all the time until you get at home, to start act like a normal mature man. You holding all negative thoughts and spreading all over internet, becouse you know - no one can punish you. Seriously all you can discuss is about IT. I wonder do you still live with mom?
Plius i dont have anything against you, it is you who started insult me, maybe you feel better then you do like this... only you could ansver. Also i see a no point to keep insult eatch other, UNLESS you want for yourself.

Game Design is not IT. Learn to Read.
Besides, you are going majorly off topic by trying to bash me.
Note how I said trying, cause it's not really making an impression.

I think I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, if you managed to take an insult out of someone explaining something in thorough detail.
I don't think there's a mental institution in the world that can fix your stupidity.
UserPostedImage
_>]v[asTer<_  
#24 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:00:10 PM(UTC)
_>]v[asTer<_

Zell wrote:
_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]
Zell wrote:
_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]
Zell wrote:
_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]
Den Roze wrote:

Game Design is not IT. Learn to Read.
Besides, you are going majorly off topic by trying to bash me.
Note how I said trying, cause it's not really making an impression.

I think I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, if you managed to take an insult out of someone explaining something in thorough detail.
I don't think there's a mental institution in the world that can fix your stupidity.

oh game disigner :D so in which project you working ? Home made one? how you can stay at monitor during work hours and even after work at home... Anxious

Edited by user Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:01:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
ZethHolyblade  
#25 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:29:06 PM(UTC)
ZethHolyblade

Applause Excellent. Thanks for creating this topic. I've got some ideas to share:

- Rakion Map Design Contest Events: Those with basic mapping skills (i.e. half-life mapping which is quite similar to the rakion maps), or architecture knwoledge will feast on these. Be it for quickie or long matches, Epic or surreal, gory or funny.

- Rakion Art Contest Event (I haven't seen one since Xmas 2008 - I'd win here everytime). Let players design sets, cells, and maybe characters too., Softnyx has made its GB players do that, why not here as well?.

- Increase game's difficulty a bit - This idea is mainly focused on Golem Wars. Since we're on an age where many people can spam cells easily, they should add NEUTRAL cells guarding the Golem deppending on the ammount of players and their level (Maybe some of you remember there was a time where the golems had the game's creator face on them, those golems would be guarded by neutral mid to high level longbows).

- NEW STAT: Cell Ward - Basically, it speaks for itsealf, a special type of armor which protects the player only from cell attacks. That way at least you won't die on 4-5 hits from a LVL 99 MK (maybe 6-8 hits). Major initial CW points should be put as it follows: archer > ninja > mage > swordsman > blacksmith (too avoid overpowering the strongest classes at first).

- Game Room Master's Deluxe Settings - This supports what you suggested to Softnyx on your 1st post: SE/NSE (enables / disables effects from all items). DeathBlow Handicap (sets the item's speed boost from 0% to 100%). Sudden Death option (slowly decreases inactive/last standing players hp on Boss War/Golem matches on the last minute of the round). Leaving these by default could (or then could not, to avoid exploiting it) an exp boost.

- New maps? - Definitely. They could be as simple as using Sacrifice of Sadro's Lobby for Boss War to new and complex maps that will test (advance) players / weapons' capabilities on different terrain types, or even built strategy based on ramp jumps, shorcuts, mazes, etc. Consider adding some new stages as well. Maybe a zombie invasion for halloween, white cells vs black cells, I dunno (i.e. Stage 70 Dawn of the Dead, Stage 80 War vs Kane Part I).

And maybe if it isn't off topic - Increase Adv Class Base stats - But only a small boost, like +5/+10 points to all attacks/hp&ap&cp per Level of Class advance, in order to make some distinction from non or lesser (in the future) advance classes.

Those are some Ideas I'd like to share for this topic :)
Windblazer  
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:32:59 PM(UTC)
Windblazer

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
ZethHolyblade wrote:

- Increase game's difficulty a bit - This idea is mainly focused on Golem Wars. Since we're on an age where many people can spam cells easily, they should add NEUTRAL cells guarding the Golem deppending on the ammount of players and their level (Maybe some of you remember there was a time where the golems had the game's creator face on them, those golems would be guarded by neutral mid to high level longbows).

I like this idea xD Would be better if there were cells that would protect the golem :D
Zell  
#27 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:45:39 PM(UTC)
Zell

_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]oh game disigner :D so in which project you working ? Home made one? how you can stay at monitor during work hours and even after work at home... Anxious

It becomes part of the lifestyle unfortunately. I hate sitting behind the screen, but it's where the magic happens so you got to put up with it.
I work for a company and do freelance projects. Currently on the side trying to re-create a similar version of rakion.
UserPostedImage
Zell  
#28 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:51:52 PM(UTC)
Zell

ZethHolyblade wrote:
Applause Excellent. Thanks for creating this topic. I've got some ideas to share:

- Rakion Map Design Contest Events: Those with basic mapping skills (i.e. half-life mapping which is quite similar to the rakion maps), or architecture knwoledge will feast on these. Be it for quickie or long matches, Epic or surreal, gory or funny.
I would go as far as creating the map for them. Environmental design is my specialty.

- Rakion Art Contest Event (I haven't seen one since Xmas 2008 - I'd win here everytime). Let players design sets, cells, and maybe characters too., Softnyx has made its GB players do that, why not here as well?.
Challenge accepted ;)

I like this idea, but one mk shriek would blow the longbows to the other side of the room, making their efforts to defending the golem pretty much redundant.

- NEW STAT: Cell Ward - Basically, it speaks for itsealf, a special type of armor which protects the player only from cell attacks. That way at least you won't die on 4-5 hits from a LVL 99 MK (maybe 6-8 hits). Major initial CW points should be put as it follows: archer > ninja > mage > swordsman > blacksmith (too avoid overpowering the strongest classes at first).
How ever much I like the idea behind this, this would create an even bigger gap between new players and downright PU-beasts.

- Game Room Master's Deluxe Settings - This supports what you suggested to Softnyx on your 1st post: SE/NSE (enables / disables effects from all items). DeathBlow Handicap (sets the item's speed boost from 0% to 100%). Sudden Death option (slowly decreases inactive/last standing players hp on Boss War/Golem matches on the last minute of the round). Leaving these by default could (or then could not, to avoid exploiting it) an exp boost.
This has been suggested before, and I doubt they will implement it anytime soon as they took away the ability to setup level specitic requirements :/

- New maps? - Definitely. They could be as simple as using Sacrifice of Sadro's Lobby for Boss War to new and complex maps that will test (advance) players / weapons' capabilities on different terrain types, or even built strategy based on ramp jumps, shorcuts, mazes, etc. Consider adding some new stages as well. Maybe a zombie invasion for halloween, white cells vs black cells, I dunno (i.e. Stage 70 Dawn of the Dead, Stage 80 War vs Kane Part I).
Like stated with the first question, I'd be down to make some for them, that is ofcourse if they are willing to financially provide me so I can work on some models.

And maybe if it isn't off topic - Increase Adv Class Base stats - But only a small boost, like +5/+10 points to all attacks/hp&ap&cp per Level of Class advance, in order to make some distinction from non or lesser (in the future) advance classes.
This won't do much, but I do like the idea. Mainly cause I don't have anything left to do with my points. Raising the stat cap would be on higher demand imho.

Edited by user Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:53:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
_>]v[asTer<_  
#29 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 10:06:41 PM(UTC)
_>]v[asTer<_

Zell wrote:
ZethHolyblade wrote:

I would go as far as creating the map for them. Environmental design is my specialty.

Challenge accepted ;)

I like this idea, but one mk shriek would blow the longbows to the other side of the room, making their efforts to defending the golem pretty much redundant.

How ever much I like the idea behind this, this would create an even bigger gap between new players and downright PU-beasts.

This has been suggested before, and I doubt they will implement it anytime soon as they took away the ability to setup level specitic requirements :/

Like stated with the first question, I'd be down to make some for them, that is ofcourse if they are willing to financially provide me so I can work on some models.

This won't do much, but I do like the idea. Mainly cause I don't have anything left to do with my points. Raising the stat cap would be on higher demand imho.

it is your ideas? some of them seems could be usefull to raise up rakion or at least for old players whos waiting for smh unique
UserPostedImage
Zell  
#30 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 10:53:09 PM(UTC)
Zell

_> wrote:
v[asTer<_]it is your ideas? some of them seems could be usefull to raise up rakion or at least for old players whos waiting for smh unique

The bits in red are my answers to Zeth's ideas.
UserPostedImage
ZethHolyblade  
#31 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 11:28:17 PM(UTC)
ZethHolyblade

Zell wrote:

How nice Angel I'd like to see your work.
EDIT: I know these must look primitive for someone with your expertise (were done with Valve's Hammer Editor for HL1). It's an sketch for a CTFmap (which can be adapted for a Rakion golem/boss war map)
UserPostedImage
Pro ramp skills will let the players reach the lateral lookout towers, falling means death.
UserPostedImage
And the interiors of each keep looks like this:
UserPostedImage
It's like a Pit version of Gravity/Twin Castle, yeah the chasm ends on a floor with lvl99NSs.

Zell wrote:
Challenge accepted ;)

Haha that's awesome, I'm mainly into ink drawing (I use pens), but sometimes color stuff with PS CS5.

Zell wrote:

Oh no I wasn't thinking on LBs, I was making an example since these were the cells that would guard the golem on that event (it was between 2007-2008 if I'm right). Guards could be Taurus, flying cells, etc. Or simply adding a Pit filled with neutral Lv99NS on new maps. (i.e. imagine covolt peak with lvl 50-99 skyblazers set on the mills) Or maybe not just neutral cells but TEAM-Alligned ones (i.e. Ice-Blue Taurus guarding the blue golem on Icefield and Red Taurus for red team).

Zell wrote:

Sadly yes, but in the long run the players who make it through will be glad to last longer vs cells from spawned by laggy Cell abusing hoes \:d/

Zell wrote:

Yeah it's true. But let's hope Softnyx reads this topic and considers fixing that.

Zell wrote:

Lol I'd be glad they asked me to design stuff, and not create new items based on others' work without some... compensation.

Zell wrote:

I thought suggesting 10 to attacks or 20 on armor/hp/cp would be too much considering they plan to expand further grades of class advance (otherwise they wouldn't call it 1st class adv). I wasn't actually refering on increasing the stat cap, 137.40 is fine, but adding more base stats to adv chars like explained before would give us a bit more satisfaction.
Oh yeah and the new item for class adv 2 only should be a cape :).

Edited by user Monday, June 4, 2012 12:36:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Den Roze  
#32 Posted : Sunday, June 3, 2012 11:53:52 PM(UTC)
Den Roze

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Zell wrote:
ZethHolyblade wrote:

Maybe we could replace longbow with tauruses. Maybe have those different version of taurus guard the golem, Normal Taurus, Black,Red, Ice blue.
UserPostedImage
_>]v[asTer<_  
#33 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 12:17:09 AM(UTC)
_>]v[asTer<_

i think here should be changed master golems into dragons. And to golden golem few abilities like fear and poison.
UserPostedImage
Zell  
#34 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 2:11:44 AM(UTC)
Zell

ZethHolyblade wrote:
How nice Angel I'd like to see your work.

I make my environmental work in Unity3D and my asset modelling work in Cinema4D.
Sometime this week I'll get around to make a quick map as a preview.
Highly likely to be close to the weekend, got a few projects to work on as well.

Edited by user Monday, June 4, 2012 2:16:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Zell for this useful post.
[Cure] on 6/4/2012(UTC)
[Cure]  
#35 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 4:45:52 PM(UTC)
[Cure]

Use cells that do not get pushed by Musktereer Kings poison, or pushed by their bombs. Think

Edited by user Monday, June 4, 2012 4:48:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Metric  
#36 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 5:18:41 PM(UTC)
Metric

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
#1- This is the in the wrong forum.
#2- You don't understand how much everything you're demanding costs, especially for a piss-broke company.
#3- Since when has Softnyx ever cared what their American players think? This game was meant to steal more children's money in foreign countries at the internet cafe's, the same way Counter Strike did, and still does.
coloured  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:11:15 AM(UTC)
coloured

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Metric wrote:
#1- This is the in the wrong forum.
#2- You don't understand how much everything you're demanding costs, especially for a piss-broke company.
#3- Since when has Softnyx ever cared what their American players think? This game was meant to steal more children's money in foreign countries at the internet cafe's, the same way Counter Strike did, and still does.

read first post of the topic...is about what we would like to see in the next event isnt a demand
"#3- Since when has Softnyx ever cared what their American players think" this world have also other continents than America this post is for all i didnt make this topic especially for my server Europe.

Stick with the topic
Den Roze  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:46:30 AM(UTC)
Den Roze

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
this is what we imagine. next and next and next.
UserPostedImage
Chonofer  
#39 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2012 5:24:03 AM(UTC)
Chonofer

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I need character customization~! and also both sexes for different classes (ex. male ninja/archer). We need capes and more maps and stages. Many new players find it difficult to level and once you do all the stages once your like level 40. More stages would at least let them get to 80 so there would be more item circulation and would give them a point to buy cash in the first place. Also we need different hair styles, face styles, and hair colour. The customizability adds to the feeling of ownership of a character, thus making the player feel more attached and will be compelled to buy cash for further upgrades. We also need some more gold items that don't cost so much. Yeah...that's all I got for now.
ragnar  
#40 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2012 2:11:44 PM(UTC)
ragnar

why dont add a new character?