Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
[GМ]Zelda  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:11:43 AM(UTC)
[GМ]Zelda

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Let's face it , in Rakion there are many unique things that make it different than other games but the player-base is low, the graphics are low quality and the EXP rate is like a JRPG's wet dream, in layman's terms it takes a lot of grinding to level to 99.

Why we love Rakion: Variety of characters and game modes. Single player(as well as Co-op) stages. Pet/Cell summoning, unique sets of items.

Cons of Rakion: Graphics are dated. Technical issues/lag. Slow leveling(Which could be a reason we love it, I personally don't mind). The Cash shop has overpowered equipment and cells. Hacking is too easy and the repercussions aren't working.

Things that would improve Rakion (in my eyes) feel free to add to or criticize any of these:

The Key
" = " symbol means it is of less concern
" + " symbol means it is of more concern
" ~ " symbol means it needs to be changed now
If it looks like this that means it was recently implemented Thanks for listening Softnyx!

---------------------------------------------NEW LIST FROM 2014-----------------------------------------------------
Overall game:
~Advertise your game, please softnyx, and change/update your promotional videos, include some cool looking cells and enchanted armor.

Armor and Cells:
+Remove the the effect from Deathblows they already have great stats and are a good alternative to Honors/Sweeties

Inventory, characters, and trading:
See old list

Rooms:
~Return the old Level 1-10 and 11-30 room restrictions, new players have no where to go because they get kicked.

Staging:
See the old list

Events:
+Instead of changing the exp events from 5x to 1.5x , make them the same but less common. Once a month on a weekend perhaps.(Instead of 3-4 times)

Hacking, Reporting, Kicking, and Banning:
+Stop perma banning everyone. I have never seen another game other than AVA that perma bans first offenders, and AVA ended up dead and selling out to Aeria games. Yes, hacking gives an unfair advantage of either EXP or Gold, seeing how you can't hack cash for obvious reasons,(and there's no other exploits that let you get armor/cells other than the old Item Rental bug) but all you need to do is ban the hacker until the hack is patched, rollback their gold/exp or reduce it to 0 for all I care and voila, you keep your playerbase.
+The more prevalent issue is clan war swapping. Some clans need their clanpoints rolled back, as well as exp. I can name at least 10 clans that swap daily.

Ideas for the Future:
=A boss raid system with a party.

Other Random Things:
I can't use my devil's wings potions anymore or trade my ladder helmet, why?
Sometimes I can do Theme Park an 'unlimited' amount of times.
Vague events and descriptions really make it like I have to decipher the clues to find out how new things work.

---------------------------------------------OLD LIST FROM 2012-----------------------------------------------------

Edit: Removed 1 or 2 that I don't think are necessary anymore.

Overall game:
= An opening scene or deeper back-story that may explain what the hell the stage names mean and why the maps are called what they are.
~Expose Rakion to more people through more websites, especially in North America.
= GM's should be on much more than they currently are.

Armor and Cells:
~"Nerf-ing" of Most or All of the cells. Especially some of the overpowered ones such as North Souls and Musketeer Kings.
If that isn't a popular choice, then armor/hp should be increased for everyone along with a few other stats to balance it out. Such as Basic, special, and ranged attacks.
+ Make the items that you can buy with gold much, much better or at least add more.
+ Make the cells that you can buy with gold much, much better or at least add more.
= Increase the enchant limit to +25 but separate them into 2 tiers. +20-23 is a certain color whilst the latter enchants are another. (Increase the odds of success 11-15 and lower the odds of success from 16-25) That way getting good gear at +15 is possible, but getting overpowered at +25 gear really takes some work.
= Create costumes that change the clothes/glow of a character. And not costumes that make it harder to fight someone such as the costumes that are used as of 12/1/2012.

Inventory, characters, and trading:
= Make post items re-tradeable somehow.
+Removal of the current trading system and implementing of another. Using stamps is ridiculous and causes scamming. Around 2008 or so you could right click on a person and click the trade button(it didn't do anything). This needs to be added back into the game but usable.
-Male Ninjas and Archers, Female Warriors and Black Smiths. I'm not sure what the mage is so add a mage that looks a little different.

Staging:
+ Reinstate the old Staging level requirements
+ Make stages more lucrative.
= Add stage farming back into the game. (Random gifts/items/materials for defeating certain bosses in stages)

Events:
+ Separate events by at least a month at a time.
= More clan and Ladder events after becoming more populous.
+No more poke events
+Change what comes from Poke events(No more 99mks)

Hacking, Reporting and Kicking:
+A better reporting system and more punishment for offensive and derogatory language and banter.
= Fix the kicking system. Hackers, along with laggers, ruin the game if they can't be kicked or if no one agrees.

Ideas for the Future:
=Perhaps a type of mode when selecting to make a game room that is called "Story Mode". It could be rooms devoted to Free Roaming, I know that isn't Softnyx's thing but the sky's the limit.
=A type of mode that will let us crawl through dungeons: Could be like a free roaming dungeon exploration mode.
=New classes. Class Advancement is nice though, kudos to Rakion on that.

Quote anything you'd like. Repost anything you'd like. And let's fix Rakion.

Edited by user Monday, August 11, 2014 1:02:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I am not a GM, nor am I impersonating one.
thanks 8 users thanked [GМ]Zelda for this useful post.
marwan21002 on 12/4/2012(UTC), Kyłe on 12/4/2012(UTC), [GМ] Bawang on 12/4/2012(UTC), [GМ] Sean on 12/4/2012(UTC), Jester Espiritu on 12/6/2012(UTC), NobleScarlet on 12/7/2012(UTC), Yudy on 12/17/2012(UTC), __Syndi__ on 7/19/2014(UTC)
Kyłe  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:06:18 AM(UTC)
Kyłe

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Applause

Edited by user Monday, August 11, 2014 12:41:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mortamor is gay
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Kyłe for this useful post.
Jester Espiritu on 12/6/2012(UTC)
Jester Espiritu  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:13:06 PM(UTC)
Jester Espiritu

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
~On this coming new update I suppose they'll be able to fixed it. I don't care how long it takes as long its done! I'll be awaiting great result from this! and I'll invite my friends to join playing this great game!

~It be good if player allowed to take class advancement, once reach Lv. 50. and only requires lvl requirement but have to pay 500,000 Gold for Class advancement. But there will be no Free Class Advancement Items.

~Remove the label [Post] to be able to resend!...

+One more thing I kind of like costumes with wings! Here's a list of wing I'll recommend.
*Costumes I like:
-Angel Wings
-Devil Wings
-Bone Wings
-High Tech Wings
-Fairy Wings
-Icarus Wings
-Cane Wings

Edited by user Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:55:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Imago  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:37:12 AM(UTC)
Imago

[GМ wrote:
Zelda]I am not a GM, nor am I impersonating one.

Huh? is that sarcastic or what? Are you a GM or not? and why then your name got that tag?

Then What autority do you have to say that ''finally rakion will be fixed'' ?
Softnyx never took time to fix it.
iFaneX aka <HeartBeat>  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:16:39 PM(UTC)
iFaneX aka <HeartBeat>

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Its quite simple,

Softnyx wants to get selected as the best F2P game, yet they cannot win that without enough players playing this game.
How do they get more players playing rakion? Simple, by changing things.
How do they know what to change? They should check their own forum for once and see the large amount of post by diffrent people stating the exact same thing to change which is stuff like:

- Cell balancing (like musketeer king and northsoul)

- Events (Back in the days events were rare, and when there was one you got kinda "excited" and go like "Yay im going to get a golem etc etc"...Now its just like "hmm what event will there be this month".

- Poking (this is an event that can just come once a year, arround cristmas, and remove the cell section and the db)

- DB (this one is discussed about alot, yet i find this "problem" a minor one)

- Trade system (They should take the time for this for sure. It might take some time creating/implenting this (i've sent them quite some messages with what i think is the best system for trading over the years.) but once its implented, it will give them time to work on buggs or stuff like that since they don't have to waste time on scammers trough post anymore.)

- Buggs (They should take some time, and make a notice in-game like: "Found any buggs, mail it to (special e-mail for buggs) with specific information and if possible a screenshot showing the bugg.)

- Support section (I see so many people posting in the forums about problems, we as normal players cannot fix. Yet when you tell them to contact softnyx, they do not know how to. How about improving that section making it "easier" to send a message...You cannot even upload a screenshot you took ingame to their own uploader.)

- Stats ( Well this one is not as "simple" as the other ones, but i think they should balance the capped stats more, bringing back the skill requirment to the game. These days all you see ingame are warrior stunning people...like a freeking ninja and then grip, you see mages do 2x ice when they gripped someone, or do 2 basics and grip. this all shouldn't be possible, the stats should be adjusted, seriously.

- Rolling ( This should not be a problem, as soon as cells/db are removed from the poking, it takes time and effort to get rolls and will also mean its harder to get high enchants which mean there's still a "challange" in playing the game.

- Enchants ( This is something i thought about while writing this post, but to prevent people from having capped stats just by making their sets +18-20 is to put a cap on the enchants stats. Make it stop at adding stats at +16 or something, so getting +18-20 is just for the cool glow. Atleast thats why i did it, i make my stuff purple for the glow, the stats was just an extra.

The NSE effect option is a nice beginning already, they should not stop now.
We all support rakion our own way, so softnyx give us something to support.

Greetings,

<HeartBeat>

PS: Kinda hoping for them to read this, yet the chances are low.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:17:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Sup, Bro's ?
thanks 1 user thanked iFaneX aka <HeartBeat> for this useful post.
Ade <3 on 1/15/2013(UTC)
iFaneX aka <HeartBeat>  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:54:40 AM(UTC)
iFaneX aka <HeartBeat>

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Anxious
UserPostedImage

Sup, Bro's ?
Kyłe  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:32:23 AM(UTC)
Kyłe

Bump, good stuff.
Mortamor is gay
UserPostedImage
Firzen  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:07:43 AM(UTC)
Firzen

why dont u guys, partner up with STEAM, im serious this game will most likely still have hope and light since STEAM has such a massive playerbase. im pretty sure you will make decent amount of players to join this game at least another few hundreds presumably. Because i honestly dont see any hope for this game anymore especially with how softnyx is updating the game. Although they had got better but took them TOO LONG, too many players already lost the faith in this game. So there last resort i will say partner up with STEAM.
[Merlino]  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 6:30:47 PM(UTC)
[Merlino]

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Kinda glad that the disapointment of the players is increasing.
I Quited the game because of the bad comunity SOFTNYX didn't look at those hundreds of complaining mails i wrote to them.
Kinda ironic i quited... was lvl 59 with awesome stuff. But i dont think they will change the game if not 500 players quit the game or if you personlay tell them through your cellphones. dont think they care about anny topics :S at free board. dont waist your time writing here since i have the experience from the time i did write this kinda stuf.
I mean when did the GMs write a word on a topic? right they never do :(

LOL tragic story

If someone could make a privateserver that is "working" it would be the best.
You said it was easy to hack:P?

Writing this because of boredom :=)
StickEm!  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:27:02 PM(UTC)
StickEm!

I think you left out one more.

~Allow American, Europe and Asian players play together, some countries can't go into some servers.

Edit: Forgot to add in the Mexican players!

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 6:29:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Pyro_Jack  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 8:53:04 AM(UTC)
Pyro_Jack

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Mind if I add my thoughts to how Rakion can be a better playing experience for everyone?
The game is literally broken in so many ways, cell unbalance, deathblows, being able to get lvl 99 cells via poke...
I would like to contribute a few suggesstions if it is not too much trouble.

The following are options that I suggest while creating a game. By check/uncheck, think of options being toggled via checkbox.

1. CELL FILTER - When creating a room, allow the host to filter which cells are allowed in a game
(ie. if Musketeer King and North Soul are unchecked, player cannot enter the game unless they are removed from their equipment set)
This will keep rule breakers out so that the game can flow without any disruptions. This will also allow players to detect hackers who summon an unchecked cell.

2. EQUIP FILTER - When creating a room, players cannot join if they have a certain item equipped.
(ie. Deathblow holders will be unable to enter a no-deathblow game until they remove their DB)
Same reason as the Cell Filter to maintain game flow.

3. LAST ROUND!!! - When creating a room, checking this option will disable all rules for the last round of the game.
(ie. If this option is checked, you are allowed to bring unchecked cells/items into the game, but cannot be used/come into effect until the last round)
So as to not ruin the fun of the rule-breaking last round.

4. ENCHANT LIMIT - When creating a room, the levels of enchanted items are limited according to the rule placed.
(ie. If the Enchant limit of a game is +8 and a player enters the game with +15 equipment, the equipment will be downgraded to +8 for the duration that the player remains in the game)
Once again to maintain balance in the game. This is a very viable option IMO. They can do it with basic mode, why not filter enchant levels?

5. RULE CHANGE - During gameplay, the master has the option to change game rules as well as the game title via /command. These rules take effect in the next round.
(ie. In a no MK game, the master can type "/MK ON" to allow MKs to be used in the next round and the rounds after. Vice versa, typing "/MK OFF" will disable the use of MKs in the next round. Game title can be changed simply by typing "/TITLE (title name)")
There are some occurrences when the master of a room may swap. This can be due to a master leaving, lag, or kicks. When a new master is present, this will allow him to change the rules of the game.

The next options will discuss game mechanics and balance in general:

1.FREEZE EFFECT - A very frustrating effect. Players can be frozen and attacked at will. I have experienced times when I have been frozen while I blocked attacks and frozen while I was laying on the ground. Change the effect to freeze opponents only when a hit is registered. I mean seriously...

2.DEATHBLOWS - Really....really? Bash people without giving them a chance to retaliate? The only counter to this is the Fear effect, and some of the new players just grow frustrated with being beaten and never getting a chance to attack. Get rid of the DB ring, or a least apply my filter idea...

3. CELL COMMAND - A feature that I first found in Westwood Studios' "NOX". After summoning a cell, give them commands via pressing their Cell # (no pun intended) and pressing the necessary hotkeys.
(ie. Cell #1 is a Longbow. Pressing a key combination like "1-4" would mean "Longbow, Hold Ground." Or a combination like "1-1-3" which would mean "Longbow, Attack, Flying". Or a combination like "1-5" that would mean "Longbow, Banish" (disappear and regain cp). Just a suggestion, but a mechanic like this would add more fun (and strategy) to the use of cells).
This could help fix some of those bugged cells where active cells keep attacking dead cells for no apparent reason.

4.CLASS ADVANCEMENT - Class Advancement was a nice idea, but the requirements can be rather tedious to obtain. My suggestion? Remove the Stage and Win requirements. Simply allow the player to access the Class Advancement Stages upon reaching level 99. On a side note, maybe modify some of the adv. characters attacks?

Warrior - Not bad, but the one-handed spear special animation could look better. Make him use both hands.
Blacksmith - Good as it is, but add a german suplex for his rear grip for more humor.
Ninja - Ehh...change the front grip animation? Kinda dumb if you ask me.
Archer - Change the cannonball to a ballista shot so that it looks more suited for an archer. Also add a scope to the crossbow hehehe...jk.
Mage - TBH, he pretty much has the same moveset as a Warrior and makes him less mage-like. Give him a bubble-shield animation prior to jumping when he does his invincible attack. The rear grip could look better if the mage slammed his victim into the ground with the scythe still impaled.

5. NO....HACKS....EEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! - Well, we can't stop em, but at least block those that we already know about...

6. NO....BUGS....EEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! - Get a better server will ya?

7. POKES - Instant 99 MK...no need to do some hard grinding eh? Riight...

8. EXP - Be more generous with the EXP please...You can be less generous once we reach class advancement.

9. STAGES - Ya know, the difficulty of the stages reach a point where 99 MKs are a requirement to S rank them. Get rid of it.
Also, allow a player to play all previous stages regardless of their level so as to help new players as well as for nostalgia. I mean, if a Stage is already S ranked, it doesn't matter how much they play it if they don't get exp right?

As for anything else, well, others can mention their thoughts. I've been an avid player of Rakion for over 5 years. I kept playing for several reasons. The cell system kept me playing, as it is a mechanic that I have not seen in most other games. Getting hit by a golem's rock is just too funny to resist laughing. The chaos mage's "YEAH!!!" will never get old for me. The graphics may be outdated, but I don't care about graphics that much. It is good as it is. Actually, the low-end graphics make the game very accessible to players with older computers, which for me is a big plus. Sadly if Softnyx refuses to listen to the cries of its players, then I guess Rakion will be forever broken...

Edited by user Friday, January 4, 2013 8:59:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Pyro_Jack for this useful post.
Ade <3 on 1/15/2013(UTC)
NobleScarlet  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:35:04 AM(UTC)
NobleScarlet

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
wow I never thought I 'm the only one who still want a balanced gameplay there still more like me for me removal of the QUEST or filters (cells, equipments) and NO MORE POKE CHANE EVENTS will be enough to STOP the inflation of the NOOBS since they are the ones whom destroying this game.
UserPostedImage
[GМ]Zelda  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 1:03:47 PM(UTC)
[GМ]Zelda

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Gravedigging: BUMP
I am not a GM, nor am I impersonating one.
Chips<3  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 1:44:06 PM(UTC)
Chips<3

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 106 post(s)
[GМ wrote:
Zelda]Gravedigging: BUMP

Y u do dis?
lolimnew  
#15 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 2:03:48 PM(UTC)
lolimnew

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
YES MORE PEOPLE PLS
?Volke?  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:15:41 AM(UTC)
?Volke?

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 89 post(s)
[GМ wrote:

Didn't do anything then, won't do anything now.
Not being mean, just truthful.
lolimnew  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:47:00 AM(UTC)
lolimnew

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
steammmmmm
Kyłe  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:19:31 PM(UTC)
Kyłe

?Volke? wrote:
[GМ wrote:

Didn't do anything then, won't do anything now.
Not being mean, just truthful.

How is that truthful at all? Looks like they did almost 10 things he suggested. I think you need to rethink your posts I've read a few of them and I don't see much constructive criticism or help, mostly opinions.

I thought this was a good idea when I first saw it, but didn't think anything would happen. Looks like I was wrong too.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:21:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mortamor is gay
UserPostedImage
Trishyyy  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:38:24 AM(UTC)
Trishyyy

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
StickEm! wrote:
I think you left out one more.

~Allow American, Europe and Asian players play together, some countries can't go into some servers.

Edit: Forgot to add in the Mexican players!

Yay! thats good idea...Cool i hope so.....hmnnn... Think but too much laggggggggggsssssssss... Crying
UserPostedImage

teemo3  
#20 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 7:43:29 PM(UTC)
teemo3

hi softnxy may,poke ba ngayon???
Whistle